Slideshow

Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Best wishes, dear reader, for an exciting, happy and healthy new year! Our holidays were merry as we enjoyed 4 Christmas-type events, and our New Year's Eve was spent at my parents' home enjoying ourselves at the party that I convinced my mother to throw. Good times! This breastfeeding mother was even able to enjoy 1.5 glasses of a most delicious wine, the 2006 Chardonnay from Bonterra - a great find after a big search online to find an organic, vegan wine. I'm not actually vegan, I just needed vegan wine for a long, complicated reason which I will write about another time. I do want to highlight the fact that the customer service from Bonterra included a phone call to my cell phone from a company representative on New Year's Eve to confirm that it was indeed vegan. So that was pretty darn cool. The headache the next day, not so much, but what can you do when you're just not used to drinking very much anymore?!

When you reflect upon 2008, what stands out for you? The past few years have been defining for me in my adult (yikes!) life. In 2007 I became a homeowner, a landlord (landlady, I suppose), and a wife. In 2008 I began the journey of motherhood. I am not the same person I was in high school or in university. I am not the same person I was when I started my career. I am not even the same person I was in January of 2008. Heck, I'm not even the same person I was yesterday! And that would be mainly because of this little guy:




Isn't he outrageously cute? He has certainly changed my life in so many ways. His smile and his laugh have become the very reasons for my existence. My daily life is all about caring for him, tending to him, entertaining him. I have had to put aside many of the things that I thought were important or fulfilling to make room for that which truly IS important and fulfilling. Transitioning to this role has been a huge adjustment for me, but I surprise myself every day with how I'm growing into it. Perhaps not as gracefully as I would like, but it's happening. There is so much to look forward to, into 2009 and beyond!

I guess this is the best way to start off this blog. I was having trouble deciding what to write about (because there is so much to choose from!) but this is simple. I'll save the more complicated stuff for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment