Slideshow

Friday, March 20, 2009

I thought this might happen ...

Well, I'm not doing a very good job of keeping up with this blog. I had a feeling that I had bitten off more than I could chew. Fortunately there are very few readers, if any, waiting with bated breath for updates. It's not that I don't like to write - I LOVE writing. Always have. Excelled at it in high school, dabbled in it in university, and have a plastic bin full of old notebooks and binders of poems, stories, letters, you name it, dating back at least 20 years. I think what is happening is this: I get an idea of something to post, never get around to it because of *life*, and then when I have a moment to sit and do it, I have trouble deciding on a topic from the huge variety of extremely interesting things that I have to write about (yes, I'm being a tad sarcastic). Damn this indecision! Sometimes it really drives me nuts. I did spend some time trying to figure out how to add a slideshow and a hit counter, but was surprisingly unsuccessful for someone who is as techie as I am. But I do have less and less free time to play around with these types of things.

What's new? I have recently had the opportunity to order a bunch of stuff online, which is exciting because I love to receive packages in the mail. Is that weird? I have ordered and received a new cell phone (sweet!), and I am waiting for a brand new laptop and a couple of nursing bras. Ha, ha. Is that too much information? I won't go into detail about the bras, if that makes you feel any better. The laptop, of course, is a really big deal and I am so lucky that I actually am not even going to be paying for this fine piece of computery goodness. The organization for which I am newsletter editor has kindly picked up the tab. It is to be used for the newsletter (twice a year) but I am also welcome to use it for personal and business purposes. How awesome is that??!! Also, we have found the person who will be looking after Lovey when I go back to work part-time in September. She seems like a good fit for us, and I am so relieved that we have someone we can trust and feel comfortable with.

I have delayed writing about Lovey's food sensitivities and rash because it always ends up being this long, drawn-out story. What I will say is that we are in a really good place right now with both of our healing. He is really doing awesome. I am finally (FINALLY!) beginning to truly relax and let go of some of my worries as a mother. I feel so much hope and gratitude! Coincidentally, it is officially Spring - the perfect time for new beginnings and to look ahead to brighter days. Enjoy the warmer weather and the brighter sun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment