Slideshow

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Back to reality ...


We are back from our vacation in Cuba. It was lovely and relaxing (for the most part) and too short! I posted a review on Trip Advisor here - hopefully the link will work for a while. It was really nice to spend time with my family and get away from the wintery weather. Lovey was an awesome traveler (again) and may well have been the most popular person on the resort. The day before we left he gave his first official wave goodbye, and he took every opportunity to practice his hello and goodbye waving with all of the staff and guests. He also became addicted to "nanas" (bananas) and ate A LOT of solid foods. And he did well with them. I think that he has turned a corner with this allergic colitis thing. I'm pretty sure that we were exposed to some dairy and soy in Cuba. I obviously couldn't follow the rotation diet. In fact, I pretty much ate the same foods every day. Lovey ate some sand ...


Now that we're back, I'm struggling a little bit to get back onto the rotation diet again. We have 2 appointments this week - the follow-up with the gastroenterology team and, on Friday, the follow-up with the homeopath. I don't expect much from the GI team. I'm rather excited to see the homeopath again because he will have our constitutional remedies - 1 for me and 1 for Lovey. I may write more about homeopathy later. Let's just say I have my fingers crossed ...

1 comment: